Friday, June 8, 2007

I want to live Life...

This is reminiscence time !!!
I was just breezing through my books when I found this book in which I had written a few very first of my experiences(must've been about 16 -17 years old back then). I read this one poem which I couldn't believe I wrote. I want to share it with all.

Caught in the storm of Life,
Full of sadness, sacrifice and strife.
It's a very sticky web of desires,
where a person burns on many pyres.
What is he? Dust, after all,
from where he rose, thereupon he has to fall.
Then why these miseries he does create for himself,
These customs, rites, reservations... this self.
But it's difficult to give up desires and wants,
For society, such meaningless goals haunt.

I want to live life like an endless dream,
where thoughts, desires and wants flow like a stream.
Where man does not narrow down to selfish desire,
where society is a way of living, not a satire.
Life, as such, is an invaluable gift,
why to spend it on one's own self, the entire of it,
Life has its meaning, if it is lived for others,
If not so, it becomes a ship without rudders.

2 comments:

My Foot? said...

"Dust, after all,
from where he rose, thereupon he has to fall."

If only everyone remembered this, the world would be a lot less complicated...

Anonymous said...

Very true Anu.......