Friday, November 8, 2013

Happy Now!

I don't know if I am shy or scared of making friends or talking to people. I always look for some support in initiation unless I have some work with the other person. I think I should change in that I should assume that making friends is also some kind if work.
But, is it?

Maybe the initiation is not as scary as the follow through. I think the thought of what will I speak after the "Hello" causes uneasiness. Will we be able to hit common ground and if not the awkwardness of looking at each other and just smiling is even more scary. Could anyone teach smalltalk? Or maybe chat sense? Is it inborn talent? Or can it be developed? Or is it due to some psychological complex?

I dare not dwell on those questions, from the fear of going crazy. Let me try to dwell on something less maddening...

The fact that in a gathering of about 200 people no one has yet approached me to break ice means that all of them out here are that way. Unless what happened now...  There is group event where we are supposed to form groups of people with a similarity.What am I doing??? Blogging?? 
This is an opportunity...
Let me try..

Lo and behold! I know all the 10 ppl in our team and we have started talking if nothing about the activity that we are involved in.

I guess it is only the initiation...  Small talk comes naturally. It has nothing to do with talent and need not be acquired and for god's sake it does not mean I am a psycho...

Happy now!!!

P.S.: Sometimes you just walk up to someone...  And start talking...  It's not difficult! Just tried it.
:-)

No comments: