Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Are you in your senses ?


Today, my six-year-old asked me a question which led me to talk to her and make new sense of life and living in general. The question was "Why do Bubbles and Buttercup not get along?". Needless to say but yet, she watches Powerpuff Girls regularly.
I decided, I shall answer the question.
The question was about not getting along.
And so I asked myself why do I not get along with the people that I do not get along with?
The answer was simple. I did not like them !
But why? What was it about them that I did not like?
They did or behaved something or things in a way that was not acceptable to me or my brain or my heart.
Was what they did so bad or so wrong?
Well, in certain cases it was really bad or wrong but more often than not it wasn't anything wrong or bad. It just did not appeal my "sensibility".
That was like a thunderbolt. It did not appeal to "my" sensibility. And this led me to believe that in most scenarios it is us who are creating a wall of "sensibility" around us.
But really, Are we in our senses?
The answer lies therein. What we need is to be sensitive to people and their reactions and behaviors. This will give us insight into why they do what they do, what are their triggers their ideologies or notions that drive them. But that's not where the story ends, we also need to be sensible about how we need to or must react in these situations. I believe a little common sense can make all the difference. We will end up being a tad bit happier than what we were before.
So, simple sensible sensitization is what will make us get along with people more than we do today.

And then I asked myself... Do I really get along with myself?

No comments: